Planning a trip to India? Here is your step by step guide + planning checklist!
India is on so many traveler’s wishlists. Planning a trip to this exotic, crazy and beautiful country is where the magic begins. Do you also want to go to India but are clueless where to start with planning a trip? If so, fret not. This blog will be your helping guide on how to plan a trip!
Most often, the idea of vacation often starts off as a great idea and then eventually ends up being a daunting task. This is because there is a lot of thought that goes into perfectly organizing a tour. However, with a little bit of preparation and choosing the best holiday packages in India from a trusted tour operator, travelers can overcome a majority of the difficulties they may face during a trip.
Here are some handy tips that will help you plan your India trip in a hassle free manner.
- Pick your dream destination
Picking the right destination according to the best season to visit is a crucial factor to planning a successful trip. The best destination to visit in India would depend on your budget, interest, travel style and more. The same India tour itinerary won’t work for all kinds of travelers. However, here are some tips you can follow while planning your own travel itinerary.
- While everyone decides to head to north India for their first trip, there's a lot more to India than this. The south of India is also a great place to start, especially for solo female travelers out there.
- Don’t try to stuff in a lot of things in your itinerary as travel distances in India can be long.
- If you don’t want to plan everything in advance, atleast book your accommodation in advance as you don’t want to arrive in a new place having no place to stay.
- Don’t forget to check the best time to visit all destinations.
- Ease of accessibility to reach a particular destination is also a matter of importance as it can sway the decision of visiting a particular place or not.
The most popular holiday destinations in India include Golden Triangle tour, mighty mountains of North India, Rajasthan, and misty hills of South India.
- Decide the duration of your trip
While no destination has a fixed ideal duration, it often depends on the purpose of the visit of the travelers. However, deciding the duration of your trip is a key aspect of your trip planning as it can help your itinerary and budget both. Also, it is recommended to keep a leisure day in touring plans that exceed 7 days.
- Book accommodation and transfer tickets well in advance
Once the rough itinerary of your trip is prepared, booking tickets is important as it will help you avoid additional costs on your pre-decided budget. Since flight, train and bus tickets are subject to availability, their prices tend to rise over time. Whether you are planning to explore the exotic beaches of Andaman or snowy Himalayan destinations, advance booking will ensure a hassle free journey.
Please note, book cheaper non refundable flights if you are absolutely sure of your vacation plans.
- Plan your day wise activities
No matter how exciting and adventurous a sudden touring plan may sound, it is always best to schedule your activities. Depending on your budget and the duration of your trip, preparing a rough draft of what your daily activities would look like is a vital component in planning your trip perfectly. Further, it is recommended to book activities like adventure sports or safari rides at the destination itself so that there is some scope for bargaining.
- Pack your stuff diligently
Keeping in mind the destination and the season you plan to visit, pack all your necessary stuff once the bookings are done.
Some of the important things to keep in mind while packing for a vacation are:
- Sunscreen, lotion, mosquito repellent to prevent any skin-related diseases especially if you opt to go hiking/trekking.
- An extra shirt, pair of jeans, or sweater can prove useful during trips where the weather is expected to be rainy or cold.
- As a responsible traveler, one must research the destination they are visiting. Reading about the do’s and don’ts is advisable in order to avoid disrespecting the local people.
Now that you are aware of the easy steps for planning a trip to India, it’s time to draft your itinerary based on how you want to experience India.
If you are planning a trip to India for 2021 or beyond and need help, look no further than Swan Tours. Considered to be the best tour operators in Delhi, they provide the best customized holiday packages in India at great deals to most loved destinations.